Saturday, October 31, 2020

Here, There, Everywhere

 Last night, I whipped out the binding on the baby quilt for my nephew.  One more Christmas present ready!

PK saw me making aprons for cousins and pleaded for one of his own.  I had to make up my own measurements from fat quarters, but he’s thrilled, so it’s good.
I finished another hexagon flower, so here’s what I have down for the entire project.  I’m years away from a finish, but I still like it and enjoy sorting my hand dyed fabric for the project, so it’s good.  My hope is that every fabric will be different, even if it does look like some of them are the same in this picture!

Spunky and I dove into the orphan blocks and picked out anything that might “go.”  It feels like too much green at the current stage, but I think it will be fine in the end.

One more row was added to the temperature quilt.  We have clearly headed back into cooler night temperatures.

In November, I definitely need to cut out a new scrap quilt.  I’ll be assembling my courtyard steps, but once that’s done I’ll need more variety to entertain myself when sewing!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

P.S. It’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge time!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your hexies

Marly said...

Well done in starting work on an orphan quilt. That's something I mean to do too, but always seem to need the design wall for something else! I like the apron: great idea.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Your guy looks great in his apron! I should make one for my Little Buddy, he's always helping me bake. The hexies are wonderful, and it's so good to have a long term project with no deadline stress. I keep thinking about putting my orphan blocks together, thanks for the inspiration!

Jenny said...

Isn't it great when one of the family actually asks you to make them something! He's raring to go in his apron, wonder what he wants to do to help you?
Love your cute four patch cot quilt. I have some four patches lying around that need to be used, you have inspired me.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The baby quilt looks great, and PK is so cute in his apron! I love it when one of the kids asks me to make them something! Your hexie stars and flowers look fun - it's so enjoyable to have a project with no deadline.

The Joyful Quilter said...

PK looks pretty proud of his apron, Katie. Love, love, LOVE what Spunky has going with the added Orphan Blocks! I can imagine what a challenge this is for you, since it doesn't mesh well with your design aesthetic. Keep plugging along, Mom, as you've got a budding quilter to encourage!

Vicki W said...

Awww, PK looks so cute in his apron! The hexie project is going to be amazing!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...