Saturday, October 17, 2020

Not Much Progress

 The wind is currently blowing fiercely, so I need to check on tarps and toys this morning.  It’s been a busy week with family, flu shots, and a birthday, so I’m ready for a nap or two (or three!).

My sewing time was divided mainly between quilting my Garden Party quilt and hand piecing my hexagons.  I’m quilting each posey differently, and my brain is out of ideas, so now I’m repeating.  Let’s be honest... new ideas are not my strong suit.  I’m bored, but I’ll get there.


I’m making quick progress on my large hexagon star for this month, so much so that I may start a new one next week.


The other fabric related project has been sorting scraps for a fall/pumpkin quilt.  Spunky wants to help with it, so once Garden Party is done, we’ll start something new.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this weekend.

8 comments:

Marly said...

I like your hexagon, and admire your patience in making it! Good luck with the new project, and keep pushing on with the quilting.

Deb A said...

Love the hexagon star! How did I miss this one? Your quilting is coming along great and so fun when the littles want to help with designing and making a quilt. Hope you are able to get a nap in today!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the hexie star is this the first one or do you have others, I have missed seeing this one

Mari said...

Love the hexagon star and I may steal your idea. Good luck with the quilting, and I hope you are feeling well these days.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Progress in YELLOW and a new project on the horizon. Go, Katie, go!! :o))

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have to quilt in small chunks, too, because it's not my favorite part of the process. But finishing up Garden Party will be a great feeling, and we'll enjoy seeing it! The hexagon project looks amazing!

Cathy said...

Oh goodness...that Hexagon Star will be gorgeous.
Winds are gusting strong here too. I'm tired of all the fallen trees we have had this year.

Kate said...

Love the colors in your hexagon star! Looks like you are making good progress on the quilting. Hopefully it's not so boring that you stall out. A finish would be fun.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...