Saturday, December 19, 2020

Detour

 Well... it’s been quite a Saturday with very little sewing. We’re moving!  It’s only a few miles down the road, with more bedrooms, less storage, more kitchen, and more land.  With the pandemic, it does mean we’re doing most of the moving on our own, although my parents and brother have been able to do a tremendous amount of work, socially distanced and with masks.  Good times.

I did finish the rainbow quilt Wednesday night, after the insanity of closing Monday and moving by van for three days.  I’m so happy with this little quilt, and I’m looking forward to giving it away soon.  (This is just 1/4 of it.  It’s late, the lights are out everywhere, and there are messes even if they weren’t.  Forgive me.)


And now I need to go to bed.  I need sleep!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I link up each Saturday (usually earlier) to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  We are challenged next week to show all our Rainbow Scrap Challenge finishes.  I wonder if I can pull that together!

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope you will enjoy your new home and moved in just in time for Christmas so Santa knows where the children are :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best wishes for health and happiness in your new home, Katie. Congratulations!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Amazing you - a quilt finish in the middle of a move! The rainbow quilt is so pretty, and you have the perfect binding, too. Good luck finishing up your move!

Betty the quilter said...

Just do for you & enjoy Christmas in your new home. Everything will still be there next Saturday. Cute quilt, even if it is only a quarter showing.

grammajudyb said...

Happy New Home to you! I’m amazed you had a finish to share! You rock!

Vicki W said...

Good luck with your move and impending surgery. I know your new house will be a home in no time. Take a little time for yourself too!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...