Saturday, December 26, 2020

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Summary

 Hi!  I haven’t touched a sewing machine this week except to move it.  I don’t know where my pictures are, so I think I’ll post links about my Rainbow Scrap Challenges. I apologize that it’s more work for you, but I hope it’s better than nothing.

A rainbow quilt for a little boy...

The Ice Quilt (I love this so much)...

Spunky Owl, a fall collaboration with Spunky.

Courtyard Steps, made from the leftovers from my Lepidoptera Quilt, which I finished January 1 of this year, a previous year’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

A baby quilt, a year late, but just fine...

I quite love the Garden Party quilt I made this year.  It doesn’t have all the rainbow colors, since it was for my brother, but I made a few blocks every month with my scraps until it was done!

I had a pink flying geese project during the pink month.

Then there were some purple blocks for a comfort quilt.  I love how active my scrap bins and stash has been this year, I realize as I go search for these links.  We’ve been growing things!

The (giant) baby, who is almost as big as the four year old, received his fox quilt.  I will treasure the scraps Joyful contributed, and it’s so cheerful on his bed.  Tackling blocks like this, that are fiddly, in companionship with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, makes them so much more palatable..

I’d entirely forgotten that I finished this king sized 16-patch quilt this year, a work in progress over several years of challenges.  It was good time, as we decided to upgrade to a king sized bed in the new house, and this is one of two king sized quilts we have!  I still have the companion baby/toddler quilt tucked away for gifts.

12 quilts from scraps this year.  That’s not too shabby, is it?  I appreciate the incentive to sew brought on by the link up each Saturday.

Apparently I forget quilts after six months, as I had also forgotten this project from yellows, a bee quilt with Spunky.

I finished a pared-down Garden Mosaic early this year from blocks I made last year.  Maybe I should start another and actually make it king sized?

I don’t know what my plans are for next year as I’m currently having a hard time seeing past the next box to pack and the next box to unpack.  I’ll get there, and I hope to have time to be inspired by all of you!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi,
All your quilts are beautiful, but I really like
the butterfly quilt. Have a great day!

Jennifer said...

i clicked through and looked at many of your quilts. i really like the boxes one (blue)- i did one very similar, in the rainbow colors. and the 16 patch is FANTASTIC! why do we always forget how stunning the simple blocks can be? good job- and here's to RSC21!

Deb A said...

Oh my goodness! Moving in December - you are a very daring lady! I hope the more land and more bedrooms will fit the family better... lets hope there might be a sewing space for you as well! I am always amazed at all you get done in the sewing room with a big busy family, the garden and all the other activities that keep you busy. Your quilts are always inspiring and beautiful. May you and you family have many happy years in your new home.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope your move is going smoothly, Katie! I enjoyed clicking on all your links to remind myself of your quilt finishes. They're all so beautiful, but Lepidoptera is really my favorite!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your Ice quilt too ;) Beautiful quilts, and 12 in a year, that's pretty good to me!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a productive year filled with super scrappy quilts, Katie!! I was happy to be able to contribute to BJ's quilt (and finally pay back the stash of turquoise fabrics you mailed me several years ago.)

Jenny said...

Congratulations twelve quilts! Amazing, especially with the busy life you lead. I think the fox quilt is my favourite.

Cathy said...

So many beautiful quilts this year, and it was fun to click on your links and revisit them all again! Like Frederique, I’m in love with your Ice Quilt! But the flying geese are so cool too! I hope you get settled in soon. Happy New Year!

scraphappy said...

So many beautiful quilts this year. Looking forward to seeing what is in store for the new year.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...