Saturday, December 5, 2020

Spunky Owl

 And just like that, I have a finished quilt.  Spunky’s Owl, for which this quilt is now named, is made by Sally of the Objects of Design.  Isn’t he cute?  The quilt is extremely long for the width, but Spunky is thrilled, so 50” x 80” it is.  I’m pleased all the funny shaped pieces I had are used, but we were certainly nowhere near using all the fall colored scraps.  Of course!  The backing is prints of the four Hogwarts school houses (I forgot a picture before I threw it in the washer).  Quilting is a simple meander, binding is more scraps, and it’s done!



I began quilting the Ice Quilt last night, but I’m doing straight line quilting, so it won’t be a fast finish.  Still, maybe by next weekend.


The rainbow quilt needs to more rows pieced before I begin assembling it.  I’m getting close!  It will definitely be a fast finish after Ice Quilt.  I’m always amazed at how fast quilts can come together when I make all the blocks at once rather than strung out over the entire year.

I think, next, I need to plan another scrappy quilt.  I’m debating between a 16-patch, since they are so mindless to sew, and a strip twist.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this weekend.

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Spunky's quilt is just wonderful, and I love that you were able to make her an owl! The rainbow squares quilt is going to be a happy one, too!

Cathy said...

OMG, Spunky’s scrappy autumn quilt turned out so adorable!!

Cathy said...

Spunky's Owl was a wonderful addition to Spunky's quilt. What a fun quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations, Spunky (and a nice assist, Katie!) The other two are coming along nicely, as well.

Julierose said...

Congratulations on finishing Spunky!! Loving that owl--so darn cute...nice work Hugs from afar, Julierose :() stay safe

gayle said...

I love your owl! (And the owl's quilt!) Doesn't Sally design the best critters?

Vicki W said...

What a great quilt.Love the owl! How do you get so much done?

Susie H said...

That owl is adorable! It reminds me of the Tiny Tuesday owl we pieced during RSC2019 only WAAAAYYYYYY bigger! Lol! Have fun quilting. You're getting a lot done!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...