Saturday, October 15, 2022

Detour

I started off the week with great focus, cutting nine more flower blocks, including light green bits, and even sewed up seven of them.  This pre-dawn photo is particularly unglamorous, but the neutral/light blocks are going to be splendid in the grand scheme of the quilt.

We could say sewing took a major detour?  We’re finally having cool mornings, so having the iron on for an extended stretch of time is no longer torturous.  This led to a new project, Bojagi panels.  Strictly speaking, since these aren’t cloths intended for wrapping, they aren’t Bojagi, but they are inspired by and could be considered a wrapping for my sewing room.  Anyway… blue scraps…


The sewing method leaves all seams enclosed, so I don’t need lining or quilting, and they are hopefully going to give a lovely stained glass impression when light shines through them from either direction.

I’ve already picked more scraps for the next two panels.  We’ll see if I can at least wrap up my bow ties as I pieced my bojagi panels.

My bow ties area quickly forming into a quilt.  I don’t really enjoy cutting and piecing them, so I called it quits after 120 and began sewing them together at random.  They will be a lovely lap/car quilt to give away, and I’ll continue searching for my next convenient leader and ender project.  
My 1” scraps are accumulating into an alarming pile, so they are high on the list to consider.

It’s only 6:15 and I’ve been awake since 3:45, so maybe it’s about time to start sewing.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

It’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge day, so maybe I’ll find my new leader and ender in the link up!

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

A beautiful detour from your task list, Katie!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your bojagi panel is beautiful and a fascinating technique that I haven't heard of before! It's always so fun to try something new.

Deb A said...

What a neat panel and how glorious that will be with the light shining through it. Wow - you had a very early start this morning. Hope there was a nap in your afternoon.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

what an interesting technique for your blue panel!

Kate said...

Love the concept for your sewing room curtains.

Chantal said...

I had to Google bojagi as this is all new to me. It is very interesting and I love the panel you are working on. ;^)

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...