Saturday, October 1, 2022

Indoor Garden

 My little indoor garden is growing despite the lack of rain outside.  This morning I insisted the Assistant help me lay out the finished blocks so I could confirm I was on the right track.  I think we’re both pleased, and all the little special bits I’ve been adding are lovely (find the cat and the cactus… and more are planned).  My fabric reorder finally came, so I will be incorporating a few new ones in the coming week.  I only finished 9 blocks instead of my goal of a dozen, but considering the week, 9 is a fabulous number.  I need many, many more tiny blocks, so we resolved that the leaves just aren’t the right thing and I’ll construct a plethora of flower heads to fill the spaces instead.  I also have some embroidery to do; while it’s not an area I’m skilled in, practice makes improvement.
My sister asked about whether I’d incorporate any Korean quilting methods in the quilt.  For the time being, the answer is no.  I have other ideas for that.

I’m off to release the chickens and go for a walk.  Have a splendid day!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.


2 comments:

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks! It's going to be a very fun quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nine is definitely a very good number of blocks in any week, Katie!! Glad to hear The Assistant helped with the layout. It's always SEW nice to have a helper! :o))

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...