Saturday, October 29, 2022

Here, There, Everywhere

I have a finished scrap quilt for the week.  Even the backing is scrappy this time.  Usually I attempt to coordinate my backing, but this time it’s chaos!  In the end, it’s a very cheerful quilt (even if the early morning picture is a bit darker than reality), and I think I already have a new home in mind.

Meanwhile, the Assistant and I have laid out a new quilt.  This should work pretty well as a leader ender if I can keep it organized by row and roll up the rest.  We’re having interesting conversations about the brown triangles.  The Assistant wants them gone, but Spunky and I like them.
In green news, I am making another Bojagi panel for hanging over the shelves in my sewing room.  I often just pin up extra fabric, but my large pieces of fabric are dwindling, and I have plenty of scraps.

 from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Good work on the scrappy bow tie quilt. Love it!! You had me going with Bojagi!! I had to google it. How do you use the panel in your sewing room?

maggie fellow said...

nice nice bow tie quilt - congrats

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your bow tie quilt is wonderful, Katie! I love a scrappy back, too. The bojagi panel to cover your shelves is a fun idea for using up scraps, too!

Kate said...

Congrats on a finishing that colorful bow tie quilt. I like the brown triangles, they add just a bit of sparkle across the quilt. Happy stitching this week.

Vicki W said...

Oh that is a very happy quilt!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...