Sunday, October 16, 2022

Stash Report Week #41 and 15 Minutes

 Another early morning is here since BJ seems to think 5 am is wake up time!

Hand stitching went well this week, with another hexagon round finished.  With 284 of 288 days of 2022 involving hand stitching, it’s been a great year of hexagon progress.  I’m definitely interested in a new/different hand piecing project, so when this project becomes less portable at the assembly stage, I’ll be thrilled with a change of pace.  Also, can we talk about how we’re approaching 300 days of 2022 being gone.  Where has this year gone?!

I finished off two spools of thread, for a total of 29.  Considering that I began the year using a spool a week, I’m relieved the pace slowed down.  I want to use up old thread, not run out completely.

Hanging the first bojagi panel for my sewing room means I get to count some yardage out.  I’m estimating two yards used for each panel.  The bow ties are now pinned into two sections, so it won’t be long before I count them out too.  I’m relieved to find I like them better now that they are mostly assembled.  They’re quite cheerful.  One yard of pale pink arrived this week from the previous order; I didn’t realize I was missing anything!

IN this week: 1 yard
OUT this week: 2 yards

IN YTD: 97 yards
OUT YTD: 169 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 72 1/2 yards OUT

With 2.5 months left, I need to use at least 25 more yards without buying anything to (re)meet my goal for stash numbers.  I have a large stack of various red yardage chunks but haven’t found a pattern that sings yet.  What does one do with quantities of red?

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Pretty impressive metrics for this year on both the hand stitching and yardage out fronts. Good luck with your yardage goal for the year. It's crazy how close we are to the end of 2022.

Mlada said...

I like the candy canes and the red hots on this link for your red scraps: https://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quilt-patterns/quilting-color-trend-red

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...