Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve

We’ve survived the worst of the bitter cold, with windchills of -28 F and real temperatures down to -6 F.  The animals are all well and warm, and those of us who did the outside chores survived as well.  As temperatures should remain below freezing, it looks like we’ll have a white-ish Christmas.  The littles are quite tickled.
In the meantime, I have been working on the final bin of untamed scraps.  This red seems to go on forever, but my tidy piles are growing larger and the pile of bits smaller.  Don’t let the short piles deceive you; I’ve put away the piles every day this week!

This week, I have been consumed by Christmas baking.  I usually spread it over the entire month, but this year I had trouble finding the motivation.  Today, I’ve backed the buche de noel, macarons, meringues, and kolaches.  If I can find the time, I will make rosettes tonight before supper and have made the entire list!  DH is off delivering cookie plates to the neighbors as I write this.  There are a few presents still to wrap, but until dinner I think I’m going to tackle the red pile!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

Merry Christmas to you all, however you celebrate or don’t!

 

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You make kolaches?! So did my mom and grandma! Why I haven't kept up the tradition, I can't tell you. I just came across my grandma's recipe for them the other day. I hope you enjoy yours and all the other goodies, too. Merry Christmas, Katie and family!

Joni said...

Merry Christmas, Katie + family! I made my cookies yesterday, trying to beat the forthcoming power outages (they arrived early this morning). The driveway and hills are not passable at this time, so the neighbor's cookie plates will have to wait until it is safe. I always make kolaches on New Year's Day along with homemade caramels.

Chantal said...

Have a blessed and peaceful Christmas, Katie. ;^)

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...