Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Finished Quilt: Flower Garden

Inspired by a picture from a music album, this quilt began with a chaos of flowers.  It’s definitely not a tidy, organized garden like I would usually make, with a variety of flowers and colors everywhere.

Special blocks were included, like the moon phases…
Important numbers…
Song titles, lyrics, and references.  That’s also why there’s a cat in the garden.

The Assistant swooped this quilt away the night I finished the binding, so it took me extra time to take pictures.  I’m quite pleased with the quilt.

The quilt is roughly 60” by 72”, wide enough for a bed but not so long that the blocks will disappear in the foot of the bed!  The Assistant did not receive tall genes, so it’s perfectly long enough for her.  The backing is a dark blue, not quite navy but darker than royal, also a reference to the original picture.


 from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

It's really beautiful!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...