Saturday, December 10, 2022

Contemplation

 I have all the flowers in one piece!  I only muddled a few pieces in the process and think I only had to rip out one seam.  It’s already basted and the bobbins are wound, but the quilting itself is a matter for contemplation.  Clearly straight lines would be too tame and confining for a riot such as this flower garden, but I am not reliable for much beyond a meander.  I also don’t know how the seams will behave
I spent other sewing time pressing and cutting scraps.  I finished my monthly trimming and the smaller yellow box, so I’m faced now with a looming red pile.  At least I pressed and sorted them into general categories.

My 2” scrap box is another source of contemplation.  I think I have a fairly simple plan for their use for 2023, but as the box is full to bursting, I am wondering what the second project should be.  There are at least two large quilts lounging in this box.  The plans for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge are fairly nonexistent this year!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I love the gradient effect of the layout!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...