Saturday, December 31, 2022

End of Year Rainbow Scrap Challenge

 On the last day of the year, we are having a flurry of small disasters, so I have no idea which direction is up.  Let’s see if I can gather my thoughts.

I finished several rainbow quilts this year…
Split Star (which I also finally gave away last week!)
I also finished the hexagons for my hand pieced hexagons and only have the large stars left to make.  Whew!

For 2023, I’m definitely making piles of blocks from my 2” strip box.  It won’t close anymore.  I have 34 blocks made already just from the “bricks” I already had cut.  I’ve started cutting from my teal/turquoise fabrics until I see what we start the new year with.


I would like to finish the hexagon star blocks and make decisions about layout and partial blocks.

Finally, the 2.5” box, despite all my work on it in 2021, is nearly full again.  I would like to use all the squares in 16 patch blocks.

There is also a possible contender.  Several years ago, I selected a box of unloved fabric and made something from the pieces each month.  We’ll see if I figure out how to do this in an easy manner.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Kate said...

It really seems that scraps make more scraps when we are not looking!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I just loved your quilt full of hearts, Katie! So beautiful. Your blocks for the 2.5 inch brick scraps look like they will work wonderfully! Happy New Year!

Mari said...

Those little squares multiply in the dark, I think. Great finishes for this year, and a wonderful plan for next year. Best wishes for a happy 2023!

Deb A said...

So many great quilts you have made. I think split stars is my favorite! I hope your day got less stressful and you enjoyed a relaxing evening to finish off 2022. Wishing you and your family a healthy and happy 2023.

Susie H said...

Lots of finishes for 2022 and several potential finishes for 2023. It's amazing how those scraps multiply! Good luck taming them some more and Happy 2023!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...