Saturday, December 17, 2022

Slow Days

It’s been a long week filled with not much activity.  Last Saturday, I took my two oldest shopping (a rarity for us as usually we are busy at home), and someone’s perfume/body wash/something triggered a migraine.  I’ve been battling it all week, as it was exacerbated by extended family drama.  Sigh.  I spent more hours than I like to admit laying on the couch or bed listening to music instead of being up and about.  DH was also away for work for four days, so the extra school trips took some time as well.  I will blame my lack of replies to comments and visiting blogs on the migraine and try to do better this week!

Still, Spunky asked for some bojagi panels for her loft bed, so I was off to the races one pain-free evening.  We’ll be making four panels to fit the space, one each green, blue, purple, and pink.  I would like to make each one geometrically different.  The greens were already in strips, leftover from my Oddments quilt earlier this year, so they clearly wanted to be simply assembled.  I’m a little over half done.  On a side note, Vicki’s fabrics definitely bring the magic to these panels.  The textures and color variations are fantastic.  (Note to self, don’t buy anymore right now, as delightful as that would be.  You have stash goals to meet.)

The big accomplishment for the week was completing the quilting on my flower garden quilt.  Yesterday I attached the binding to the front, so this weekend I hope to sew it all down.
 
I did not finish trimming my heaping pile of red scraps, but I did work on them every day.  I will finish them by the end of the year, which cleans up the piles on the floor of my closet nicely.

My hexagons all have their brown rounds, so 2023 will definitely be devoted to finishing the large stars.  That means by this time next year, I’ll get to choose a layout! My 2023 Rainbow Scrap Challenge plans are slowly taking shape.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry you had to deal with the migraine. Perfume tends to make me sneeze and my nose run. We've learned who not to sit behind at church as the older ladies really like their scents. Congrats on all the progress this week in spite of the headache.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry you had to deal with the migraine this week! Bohjagi panels for the loft bed sound like a fun idea. I really love your flower quilt - enjoy stitching that binding!

Vicki W said...

I'm so sorry you had to deal with a migraine. Perfumes trigger asthma for me so I know how frustrating that can be. But you sure did make the most of your "up" time. The flower garden quilt is stunning and I love the idea of the panels to surround a loft bed.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...