Saturday, December 3, 2022

Floor Decorations

Absolutely improper floor decorations, but when one does not have a design wall, the floor becomes the gathering space for projects.

My flower garden is currently wind blown (we’ve had violent and shifting winds or two days, so wind blown is an appropriate description for everything around here).  Half of it is assembled and spread over my window seat while the other half is in various bits and pieces.  Assembly is going much more smoothly than I anticipated, so I’m excited to have all the flowers neatly together and pressed.

As my leader and ender in between flowers, I’m working on my last panel to cover my work cart.  There are a few bits of highly treasured fabric in this one, so it will be a great piece to enjoy.
I made good progress in the box of yellow scraps this week, but unfortunately did not finish.  Maybe today?  I suspect I’ll choose the flower garden over the scraps.

I’ve spent a little time pondering my Rainbow Scrap Challenge plans for next year, but I will admit I’m currently drawing a blank.  I certainly need to produce something from my 2” scrap box, as it is full to bursting.

Hopefully today I will also get pictures of my finished quilts and post them soon!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on smoother progress for your Flower Garden quilt than you expected, Katie! I'm looking forward to seeing the completed work cart cover. Have fun with the yellow scrap box when that works its way to the top of the project list!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Really windy here in Colorado yesterday, too. Your flower quilt is coming together amazingly. I'll look forward to seeing how you decide to use those 2 inch scraps!

Sara said...

My floor is my design space too. It works just fine doesn't it?

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...