Saturday, April 29, 2023

Home Stretch

Four weeks left of school, three weeks left of work, two weeks left of after school class… 

This week, I finished a little piece of bojagi.  This one is hand pieced, so it’s extra wobbly.  I had the chance to practice plenty of skills, and my sister will be glad to have it as a purse for her phone when she’s walking, so I’m quite pleased with it.

My box blocks are done.  There was far less purple variety than the previous colors, but they are quite lovely.
Finally, my strip twist blocks are pieced, assembled, and basted.  I hope to start some quilting today.  You can see just a peek of the (quite bright) backing.  This one already, unexpectedly has a home, so it will be gone soon!

 I’m looking forward to a new color - ooh, I see it’s orange! - and I will make my very last hexagon star before I get to lay out this decade long project and begin assembly.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great little purse - sounds perfect for what your sister needs! Strip Twist is gorgeous, too. Lucky recipient!

Helenchaffin said...

Luv the little purse! the strip twist quilt turned out beautifully! I never have orange in my stash so I cat h JoAnns 10 for $10 sale in fat quarters for the month of orange

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...