Saturday, April 1, 2023

End of the Greens

I’ve run out of green scraps at just the right time.  24 green box blocks appeared from my green scraps.

 I spent most of the week away from the sewing machine and working on a stitch sampler book.  I finished it yesterday, flaws and all, and I’m pretty happy that my hand didn’t hurt after all the hand work!


Finally, the bulk of my green work this week was contemplating the dark optical illusion.  It only answered my questions about the final shape after I started another one with light fabrics against the same greens.  I have no idea what I will do with these when they’re done, but I am enjoying the process.

I’m off to contemplate my purple scraps and check out everyone’s projects!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty green box blocks! I've enjoyed following your progress on the stitch book over on Instagram, too. Your optical illusion quilts are really amazing - the two you're showing each have their own unique look!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Running out of GREEN scraps, Katie? I'm not sure I can sew enough in a single month for that to ever happen in my studio. Your stitch book is SEW lovely and those optical illusion blocks blow my mind! Are you all stocked up on purple scraps for April?

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...