Sunday, May 24, 2020

Stash Report Weeks 20-21 and 15 Minutes

Time escaped me last week.  I knew I needed to write this post, but I just didn’t get it done.  There were no stash changes last week.  This week, my Connecting Threads order finally arrived.  I will sum it up as disappointing: the red fabric was distinctly pink, I’d waited so long for the yellow fabric that I’d made new choices, and the blue ombré looked nothing like what I was hoping.  I’ll just have to make other choices for the red fabric, and I’ll  move along with life!  I did finish 4 masks this week, but I clearly have some work to do to get back to 40 yards out.  I’m definitely beginning to see gaps and empty spaces in my stash, so this is good!

IN this week: 7 yards
OUT this week: 1 yard

IN YTD: 34 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 69 1/4 yards
YTD Total: 35 yards OUT

I’m a hand quilting hustler these days.  I missed one day last week, with the insanity of school, etc., but I quilted every day this week.  In fact, I finished 14 squares in two weeks, which is a record of some sort.  If I keep that up, I will certainly finish my quilt before the end of June.  We have another week of rain forecasted, so maybe I can get 7-10 done this week instead of my usual goal of 5.

Whatever I get done, it’s time to get off this screen and get on with doing!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the last time I ordered from Connecting Threads I was disappointed as well with the colors I wonder what kind of photo taking they are doing to display colors on computer screens - my red too was lighter than I had expected and the green I got was different also -

The Joyful Quilter said...

Get off this screen and on with doing. Those DEFINITELY sound like works to live by, Katie! Best of luck on working through your projects. Orange fabrics for BJ's quilt will be on their way on Tuesday. Hoping my delay gave you added time for other projects (instead of frustration that they hadn't arrived yet!)

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...