Sunday, May 31, 2020

Stash Report Week #22 and 15 Minutes

It was a good week!  8 more masks are finished, bringing the total to 64, and I’ve already cut out the 8 for next week.  I sent off another 1/4 yard for my goddaughter for a mask.  Where do you stand on shopping in the current pandemic?  I’m thinking I may need some more batiks for masks eventually, especially if I need to make several for each kid for school.  So... do I order now, knowing it will take up to a month for them to arrive, or so I just keep sewing for now, and run the risk of not getting the fabric in time later, or will it all be fine by July?

Today, I quilted Spunky’s bee quilt, so I will have some nice stash movement at the end of this week too.  It’s going to take longer to finish the 16 patch quilt (it’s enormous).

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 2 1/4 yards

IN YTD: 34 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 71 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 37 1/2 yards OUT

On the 15 minute front, I was very pleased to count up the remaining blocks.  After today’s hand quilting, I have only 15 blocks left!  Maybe in two weeks I’ll have another finish, and that one will be a whopper.  I’ve quilted 144/151 days this year.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

seabreezequilts said...

We haven't been told to wear masks but we have no cases in our state (downunder) though a health expert said last week that she advised wearing them on public transport when people go back to work, i'm tempted to make them just in case the order goes out and I am prepared.

seabreezequilts said...

We haven't been told to wear masks but we have no cases in our state (downunder) though a health expert said last week that she advised wearing them on public transport when people go back to work, i'm tempted to make them just in case the order goes out and I am prepared.

Kate said...

Congrats on a really productive May! Considering the kiddos just got done with classwork, you managed to fit in a lot of stitching time. We are required to wear masks at work. Corporate is in Texas which is seeing a big surge in cases, so my guess is we'll be wearing masks for a while. I'm sending the SIT back to school with another 3 or 4 masks. If I have time, I'll make a few more for her research group.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

if you have to order fabric I would do so now, I don't think the mess with the shipping will be cleared up any time soon. With all the protestors out this weekend I bet we have a surge in cases of the virus again within two weeks and where will that lead and they still are saying they think the fall will be bad. Every time I order something I expect it will take 2-4 weeks to arrive.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...