Friday, March 5, 2010

Girls


I love my daughters.

The Screamer can say happy, sad, blue,... she's learning so many words right now. She gave herself a haircut a few weeks ago, and I had to "edit" it, so now her hair is much shorter than it was. She found the Assistant's fabric scissors and went to town. She's even working on learning to use the potty (a whole year + earlier than her sister!). She will ONLY eat cheerios for breakfast (and any other time she can convince me to feed her). Right now, she is clearing off the cutting table so she can do her own nini-ing, which consists of sticking 20 or more large-headed pins into a hotpad. It's great. I was just called over to put away a pen and pencil that didn't "belong."

(This picture was BEFORE the haircut... sometime in December.)

The Assistant is so ridiculously polite. "Oh, thank you, Mommy, for..." She likes to go outside and bathe our statue of Mary. Both girls like to say goodbye to Mary before we leave in the car. She wants to wear pink (lots of it), frills, and dresses. For the past two weeks, she has wanted a "baked" breakfast for eating instead of cheerios. So we've had waffles, pancakes, and German pancake. She will help me beat the eggs and stir in the flour.

I'm so lucky to be a stay-at-home mom.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...