Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life in the Room of Zana's Ninis

... is getting warm in the evening with the hot spring sun. (And no, there's no baby yet.)

We planted more seeds today - carrots, onions, chives, cabbage, evergreen bunching onion. Mmm... I'm looking forward to the spinach.

If Q isn't born by Tuesday, he will be forced out by induction. I was induced last time (it went WAY TOO FAST), but my due date is tomorrow, so he still has a week to make up his mind!

I am quite fond of my new walking foot. I didn't even know what the purpose of one was (remember, I am self-taught), but had read enough from other people to get an idea. I had no idea it was so much better for machine quilting than a regular foot. I am THRILLED as I have already quilted 6 placemats and a quilt this week, plus I have another quilt to work on throughout the week. They aren't bunching, puckering, or sliding. Oh, happy day!

I finished two bibs (pictures on Sunday, if I remember or am still around!). They're rough, but everyone else seems impressed, so they must be okay.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

I keep thinking of you at this exciting time...

Walking feet are great! I also have only just been able to have the use of one and I love it!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...