Saturday, March 6, 2010

Stash Report Week #10

Only 3 1/2 weeks to my due date!

This week, I quilted 8 more blocks on my Aunt Martha's Irish chain. The plan is to finish it in the coming week. I also assembled the last baby quilt top for the "To Do" list and began machine quilting it. I hope to finish it too in the coming week.

I made myself a dumpy skirt with two yards of blue vines for wearing in the last few weeks (not much fits anymore) and for after the baby is born (when I tighten the elastic). I also had to make a spur of the moment doll quilt for a birthday party on Sunday. The Assistant helped pick the green fabric, but not she says it's "not cute." What does that mean? I finished a log carrier for DH (the other wasn't big enough, so now we're ready for next winter!).

Finally, I cut the pieces for a red and cream quilt that I hope to finish this summer.

I have now finished 10 spools of thread for the year.

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 48 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 3 1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 72 yards

YTD Total: 23 1/2 yards OUT

I'm almost half-way to my goal for the year, but I do intend to shop before Q is born. Still, I will not have far to go after he's born, so I won't be in a hurry to get back to finishing projects after he's born.

Goals for the week are: finish the Irish chain quilt, finish the friendship star baby quilt, make the red and cream pieces into a top, and make a floor quilt out the the map fabric I wrote about last week. The baby quilts take top priority!

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

sewkalico said...

The way you are so busy, I wouldn't be surprised if you have less than 3 and a half weeks to go! Get those feet up, you won't get much chance after the baby is here I am sure!! Such an exciting time - I am wishing you all good things for the next few weeks, xka

Kathie said...

You have used up a lot of fabric for only two months into the year, great going.

kathie L.

Unknown said...

Wow, you sure have a lot on your to do list, Good luck with it! I am anxious to see the hexagon project you are prepping for.

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...