Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I thought it was April showers...

... that bring May flowers. This March rain is a little much for me. I went downstairs last night to start a load of laundry, and there was a river running across the floor to the sump pump.

Of course, we haven't cleaned up from the basement functioning as the winter workshop, so I picked up two cardboard boxes from the middle of the river to move to high ground. Oops, pulled a muscle doing that (good thing there's ice for such things!). Then I had to move the rugs I use for my feet while I'm doing laundry (concrete is so hard on my hips after a while).

Then, this morning, I walked downstairs to put the laundry in the dryer and start another load. Hey, where'd the river go? There are ponds, but the flood is gone.

Now, I dare not ask our neighbor what his basement looks like. I saw the lake in his backyard yesterday.

Woohoo! Spring is coming! The Assistant took her new raincoat outside (and used her sister's to keep our statue of Mary dry. She's always worried about Mary) and an umbrella to enjoy the rain.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Alzbeta said...

I love how the Assistant is always looking out for Mary :).

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...