Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Finished Quilt: Maknae


It feels strange to have this quilt finished.  I’ve been focused on hand work projects, so this slipped into existence in the odd corners of time between the craziness of spring.

The varieties of purple and the chaos of yellow backing are all from my stash.  It’s a bit of a play on a theme - Maknae means youngest.  I’ve worked my way through BTS members for inspiration, and the youngest is called the golden Maknae as he is good at everything he tries.  So, a yellow backing for the riot of purple quilt seemed appropriate.  I have one last quilt in the series to go, and while I have an inkling, it’s going to take more planning than I usually go through for quilt.

This quilt finished roughly 67” x 75” and already has an intended home with an aide at school who loves KState.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.



 

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's so pretty!

Kate said...

Very pretty and I love the name. I'm sorry I missed your BTS series. Grad Girl and her college friends finally succeeded in getting me to listen to Kpop and BTS is one of my favorite bands.

Mrs. T said...

What a gorgeous quilt!!!

Helenchaffin said...

Beautiful quilt! Congrats on a finish!

grammajudyb said...

Purple is a favorite color of mine! The yellow backing is perfect

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...