Saturday, May 27, 2023

Happiness in a Box

I have one more box block to finish, but the 12 finished ones are quite happy.
I finished (gasp) my last large hexagon star.  I know I have been slowly working on this since 2018 (or perhaps earlier).  The main pieces are done, so in June I’ll settle on a layout and begin assembling the rows.  Once the main part is done, I will puzzle out the partial stars and rosettes to fill in the edges.  It feels so strange to empty the bag I’ve used for ages to carry my hexagon supplies in my purse.  The next carry-along project will be some wool mug ornaments that I have thought would make lovely gifts for nieces and nephews.
Today I’m off to a Japanese culture and anime conference with my two oldest girls!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.
 

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sweet!! Congrats on finishing up your ORANGE blocks, Katie. Here's hoping you and the girls had TONS of fun today!

Astrid said...

Pretty orange blocks and hexagons. Yes, it feels strange when a box is empty, just like 'what am I doing next'? :)

Helenchaffin said...

pretty orang blocks,how neat to make a star with the hexagons,I've only ever seen them sewn together for a quilt

Kris said...

Your orange blocks are great and ..happy!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...