Monday, May 29, 2023

June Goals

 It’s hard to decide how to balance ambition and attainability for goals.

May has reasonable goals.

1. Sew with orange scraps: the last hexagon star, boxes, and 16 patches.  Trim the scrap box.  Done.

2. Finish the purple strip twist quilt and give it to the teacher’s aide for the kindergarten class. Done.

3. Start the silk project.  Started and finished.  I don’t love it, but it’s done.




4.  Make a red jewel pattern “test” for what I think will be my next long term hand project.  I made my jewel pattern test - I think I will make it into a pillow cover, but it’s done for now.



June goals are a little scattered.

1. Scraps: I’m supposed to use blue scraps, but I already used them earlier in the year, so I will trim, begin assembling the hexagons, make teal boxes, and yellow and red 16 patches.

2. Finish the placement.

3.  Make a tree skirt (this is take two) for my sister.

4.  The current, interim hand project is wool mug ornaments.  I’m kitting up one at a time and they’re nicely portable.

Beyond that, June has travel and absences, so I won’t add much more.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

You had a very productive May!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...