Saturday, May 20, 2023

Unexpected Progress

And just like that, there are 13 new 16 patch blocks done.  My orange stash is certainly small!
I think I’m going to start on my yellow or red 16 patches, just to keep things moving.  I have plenty of handwork odds and ends to keep me busy with handwork, but it feels wrong not to turn on the machine at least once a day!

In four days, school is out for the summer.  My kids seem to be more anxious/wild/unregulated at the end of this year, so I’m a little worried about a rocky start to summer.  I think we all need some decompression time, so hopefully extra rest and outside time will get us squared away.

There are errands and chores to be done before I can relax for the day!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

 

4 comments:

Sara said...

You have a great variety of orange shades in the 16-patch blocks. Orange is one of those colors that I don't have much to choose from in my stash.

Deb A said...

Your oranges look lovely in your 16 patches. Great idea to pull out some colors we have not touched yet. I hope summer for the kids gets into a comfortable routine for you soon. Mine have another 5 days left of school, but are really not doing much this week.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your orange blocks will certainly add a spark to your RSC2023 quilt! Well done!

Susie H said...

I agree 100% with you -- my day feels incomplete if I don't get my machine turned on at least once a day. Of course, it doesn't always happen but I'm a much happier girl when I get that time in. I'll bet you feel the same way. I love your ORANGE `16-patch blocks. Very cheerful. See you next week!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...