Saturday, May 6, 2023

Long Days

 May has too many things.  This weekend is first communion for Miss G and Sunday we have a potluck and display for a class I’ve been teaching after school this semester.  Anyway, I should write this post quickly and get on with preparations.

I finished quilting my strip twist and, if I can find a bit of quiet today, I’ll finish the binding.  I think it’s about half done.

My orange squares and rectangles are sorted.  They make a dismally small pile, but that has always been the case with orange.  They will be cheerful pops of warmth in the final quilts!


The floor of my sewing room is a mess, so I will spend a few minutes putting away piles and oddments before the day gets too busy.  Happy May!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

My orange's are always just a pop of color as well lol, happy sewing!

Kate said...

Congratulations to Miss G on her first communion. Hopefully you get a bit of quiet this afternoon to sit and stitch a bit.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

My stash of orange pales in comparison to some of my more popular colors, too! I have made two orange/green and white quilts so I have a few scraps and yardage leftover...

Sara said...

My stash of orange is limited compared to other colors too. And my sewing room floor is a mess again too. But sewing is so much more fun than cleaning! Congrats to Miss G on her communion.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...