Saturday, January 23, 2021

Peeks of Pink

 It’s been a busy week.  We still don’t have internet (the installer failed to come twice.  Ah, the joys of rural life.)

First, in terms of completeness, is I finished my Morewood Mystery quilt.  I can’t show you the top, as the last clues aren’t released yet (I had the sneak peek), but it does have pink binding.  It washed nicely (I only see one or two spots or bleeding).  I’ll be giving it to a friend soon.

Next, I whipped out some really pink farm blocks.  I followed various Lori Holt patterns and used the cork fabric collection with various backgrounds.  So far, so good.  Since this quilt is destined for DH and my bed, we’ll have an initial for each child in the quilt.  One down.

Oh, and I did finish the third modern vintage block.  (And the sun came out after being dreary all morning, so thank you for excusing the sun stripe in the photo!)


Finally, and worked on perhaps the longest, my strip twist blocks are finally coming together.  I hope the intended recipient likes the color scheme.  It’s much more muted than my normal preference, but as I keep having these fabrics in my scrap basket, they keep coming out to play.  If it needs a border (it might), which color would you choose?

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

I’ll be linking to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Cute PINK blocks for your new bed quilt! Regarding borders... I test options by laying out yardage folded to the potential strip width I'm hoping to use. Either that or tuck the bulk of the fabric under the quilt top with only that amount exposed along the edge. It helps me visualize and makes choosing easier.

Maggie said...

The mystery quilts are fun. Your pink blocks look amazing.

Kirsten said...

Great blocks. I do similar to Joy in terms of auditioning fabrics. Is there a color that you want to pop out at the eye? Love your pig block.

scraphappy said...

I could see either blue or green for the border. What do you want to use up? And what do you have enough of? Great pink blocks. SO cute to include the initials.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always a great feeling to have a finished quilt! Your farm girl blocks are pretty, too - they'll make the perfect quilt for you and DH. I love the look of the strip twist blocks! Lots of good projects going on at your house!

sue s said...

Love your piggy! I don't see that quilt needing a border, but my choice would be dark- blue or black.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice blocks! It's such a great idea to make a customized quilt for your own bed. As for the border on the strip twist, I would go for purple, but that's just me, I never get enough purple.

Kate said...

Hopefully the kids aren't still having to do the home schooling thing. I don't know how you manage that without having the Internet. What a fun quilt for your bed, you've got a good start. I'd probably go with a narrow border of a light followed by a wider border of green or blue. Though a rust color might look really nice too. What's the favorite color of the intended recipient?

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...