Friday, January 15, 2021

Sewing Room Tour, Attempted

 I had all my pictures taken, but attempting to post from my phone is proving challenging.  Please forgive the out-of-order photos as the uploading is slow and clumsy.

Photo 2: Sewing room on the left.  I’m not sure where the sewing machine will live permanently, but here it is now.


 Photo #3 In the winter, there are abundant hours of sun, so instead of storing my fabric on this cart as I did in the old house, current projects will live here as I’m working on them.  I don’t have a kitchen desk any longer, so all our regular bills and filing are also going to live here (see that pile of papers on the bottom... I haven’t been filing).  The lock box is for screens... my kids have trouble leaving them alone, so we lock them up unless it’s screen time.


Photo #6. Closet on the right.  Here’s all my fabric, with business files on the floor and some other craft materials on top.


Photo #5 Opening the closet door.


Photo #8 This interesting alcove in the closet holds bigger tubs of upholstery fabric, baby clothes for a future quilt, calligraphy materials, and batting and my quilting frame.  A little chaotic, but out of the way.


Picture #4   Right side of the sewing room. The table on the left is my daughter’s sewing table.  My computer might go there.  On the right is a small bookshelf with quilting and crafting books.  The white cart is homeschool materials.  The door is my lovely, lovely closet.


This should be the first photo.  Hello, hearth room and entry into my sewing room.  Homeschool materials are on the right, my bedroom is through a door next to the fireplace.


Photo #7 Straight ahead in the closet.  On the floor, paper in file boxes, thread, etc.  Shelves for projects, scraps, and supplies.  Eventually my WillowTree ornaments will have a shelf in the sewing room, but DH is busy with more time sensitive projects right now!


I don’t know if this makes any sense at all, but until we have internet at home, I don’t have a good way to reorganize the pictures.  I will get to it eventually!


from the room of Zana’s Ninis,

katie z.


3 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Looks good! A lot of room to sew, to store materials, a lot of light, great sewing studio!

Vicki W said...

Noce space and you have wonderful natural light.

Kate said...

How fun to have your own sewing space and a closet is a very important acquisition. Hope you've had some time to enjoy the space.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...