Saturday, January 30, 2021

Pink Petals

 I have one last pink piece for the month, a pink flower for my farm quilt.  Woohoo!


Most of my sewing was dedicated to quilting and binding this lovely.  Now it’s done, and its next stop is the washing machine.  I really like how it turned out.  I used fleece instead of batting and backing, just for fun, and I love that it’s light and warm.

It’s been nearly two decades since I last made a strip twist, and I think I have it out of my system for a while now.  I like the colors and hope the recipient will as well.


Yellow will be perfect for February, as I already have one of the twin quilts cut out, and it’s yellow.  Next week will be dedicated to cutting out my yellow farm quilt blocks and modern vintage blocks (I hope!).

And that’s it for my weekly Rainbow Scrap Challenge report, as I have farm work to do.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

6 comments:

Deb A said...

Your pink petals came out great! Hope the farm work goes smoothly and you get a little play time in.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on your Strip Twist finish and that sweet PINK block for your new bed quilt!! Best of luck on your yellow prep work next week, Katie.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Strip Twist quilt looks great, Katie! I've never tried using fleece instead of batting and backing - I'm glad to know you've had good success with that.

Linda said...

Lovely strip twist finish! I like your pink block. I've got Lori Holt blocks that I finished a couple years ago and need to make into a quilt. I love the fleece idea!

Twyla said...

Love the pink block and the Strip Twist. Would you please tell us about the fleece you used?

Susie H said...

That Strip Twist is wonderful! I love the movement and I'm sure the recipient will LOVE it!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...