Saturday, January 2, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge, 2021 Edition

Plans, that’s what I’m working on today.  Plans.

Each month, I’m going to make some blocks called “Modern Vintage.”  I’m away from the pattern source at the moment, but it will make a nice quilt.

The hand hexagon sewing will definitely continue 2021.  In February, I have surgery scheduled and won’t be able to lift anything for two weeks, and then drastically reduced after that for a while, so hand sewing will be good.

We got a new, king-sized bed, and have only a Tshirt quilt and my 16-patch quilt that fit.  And it’s cold in our new house, so I’m going to make farm-themed blocks from Lori Holt and a cork fabric fat quarter stack to make a few blocks a month for a new quilt next year!

And, that’s it for now.  I need to finish three quilts in progress before I can commit to something new and random.

We had 6” inches of snow!

Here’s my sewing nook-in-progress.  I had my tablecloth laid out to organize a quilt, but it’s picked up now.  We’re still finding homes for things, and that always means mess until we do!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Yay, your very own sewing nook!

scraphappy said...

Good luck settling into your sewing nook. Finding a home for it all feels so good.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on arranging your new sewing nook, Katie!! I look forward to seeing the projects you will make in 2021. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your upcoming surgery, my friend!

Susie H said...

It'll be nice to have a dedicated sewing space. Good luck with your upcoming surgery and good idea to plan projects to work around the recovery time.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...