Saturday, July 1, 2023

Persistence

 This was a different kind of busy week and included not having hot water in the main part of our house for the week and some drama with crawling through our crawl space to run wires.  Whew!

This month saw better progress on my hexagon quilt than I thought.  The first two rows are attached, and I will be working on the orange star today!  This is definitely not a portable project, so it lives in my bedroom when I’m not working on it to protect it from sun and little hands.
My box blocks are quite a pile now (over 6” tall!).  I made 26 of the turquoise blocks this month, but have at least that many more to make.  My 2” red scraps are patiently waiting for me to clean up from the water heater drama (which included drywall cutting) to cut them for box blocks as well.  Maybe tomorrow.
I have a new Bojagi piece in the works as well.
My first collection of 16 patches is basted and ready to quilt in the next week.  I already made my red blocks but may have found enough red squares for one more.  I really like how they look together and am glad there’s enough for at least one (probably two) more quilt!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

No fun with the water heater, Katie! Glad you still found some time for sewing. The 16 patch quilt is just gorgeous!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The 16 patch quilt shimmers. Lovely.

grammajudyb said...

Those hexies are looking so good! So are your 16 patches. I did a Google search on Bojagi!! Interesting!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That hexie quilt is going to be magnificent, Katie! Your block stack is SEW full of possibilities. In my eyes, the icing on the proverbial cake is that vibrant 16-Patch quilt!

Susie H said...

Ugh! on the no hot water and the crawling thru the crawl space. Glad the water has been restored once more. Very cool Bojagi blocks. Hopefully you'll have more time for sewing this week!

Quilter Kathy said...

I suffered with plumbing issues in June also. So glad to have that resolved... now I just have to pay the bill! Your 16 patch project and your hexie project ...wow, just wow!

Kate said...

Your hexie quilt is gorgeous. You've got some great scrap projects in the works. Hopefully this week is much less adventurous than last week.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...